Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Soccer Game

Yesterday, my little Ms. M had her first soccer game. Well...it was supposed to be a soccer game except the other team's coach deciding running in the local marathon was more important, so it was simply an intra squad scrimmage.

Now today, little Ms. M wakes up and tells H and I that her little legs hurt. No wonder! She ran like crazy out there!! Except when she was twirling her pigtails and watching the soccer ball roll past her. But that was all toward the end when she was worn out.

She kept running over to me and asking if she was doing well...which of course she was. Then I'd get a, "Daddy...(heavy breathing)....I'm thirsty." So, I'd give her a little water and then she'd go sit with her team on the bench. No goals scored by her, but her goal is to get one more than E did when she played. That will be a tall tall order since E got a grand total of zero. I'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she put forth quite the effort. Sorry we missed it. :(

LoryKC said...

A workout and she can work on math skills at the same time! One more than zero is.... ;)
Tell your little Mia Hamm we said good job!