Sunday, August 26, 2007

Recent Events

First and foremost, I apologize that I have not updated this in quite some time. I have had a lot to say, but I know both family and work friends read this blog. I have been working on some different career opportunities the last few months and with that going on...I wasn't so sure this was the right place to voice all of this.

So...as some of you know already, I am leaving my current employer. I had an opportunity a few months ago to go to another company in Atlanta. I passed on that opportunity in the hopes that the current may at some point in the future work itself out. However, the timing for it to seemed in question.

Now the stars have aligned and have given way for me to pursue a new career path. I'll actually be starting a sales position with an international software company. They're actually a vendor for my current company. I have submitted my resignation, received my passport, and have a week to go until I start the next (hopefully GREAT) phase of my life.

It's scary to say the least, but I hope I will have some success in this arena. Quite unbelievably, I will be going to Scotland within the next month. So stay tuned...I'll be adding pictures...etc in the future.

3 comments:

LoryKC said...

Welcome back!!!
I'll be waiting for pics! (Can't quite picture you in a kilt so I'll need photos)! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! :) I hope you enjoy what you will be doing, and have a great time in Scotland. I second Lory in saying we'll need kilt photos. I know making a big change like that can be scary, but it sounds like a great opportunity for you.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.