Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A New Day!

I know and I apologize for not updating this thing as I should. I wish I had something to blame it on other than myself, but I don't! :)

Well H, the kids and I are in Ohio now. Most of you know this already, but I have taken a new job...again. I know it was only a few short months ago I told all of you about my other new job opportunity, but just a short time after accepting this position, I had a call that I had to listen to and eventually accepted.

The software company has been WONDERFUL! I was actually in desperate need of making a decision just a few short days ago. We had sold the house in Florida, but by that weekend I was having some serious sellers remorse and thinking I should stay with the company. I think I freaked H and the folks out with this as everything was moving so quickly down the tracks.

Maybe it was just leaving Florida, the family, friends...etc. It was SO difficult leaving! But we're here now. H was so funny the other night in Wal-Mart. We were looking at snow gear for the kids and she was shocked when she saw the snow pants for the kids. M started crying, "Daddy...I don't like those...they're U..G..L..Y!!" They were pink, but she did not want to put them on.

E has been really attached to me. H has been asking her why she's turned into such a Daddy's girl since leaving...but I'm enjoying it. They are truthfully all mama's. They connect with her so well. I'm just the disciplinarian. The MEAN one! That's okay. I have my role.

Well...tomorrow is not only my birthday, but also the day we move into the house. I'll catch you up after that! Until then...

3 comments:

LoryKC said...

Starting a new year in a new house --what a fresh start!
The snow pants may be ugly but it'll be better than wet jeans! She'll forget how she looks the first time she gets a chance to throw snowballs at her siblings!
(Of course, here's hoping that is still several weeks away!)
Welcome to our part of the world!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Ohio! :) In addition to Lory's comment above, keep an eye on the weather. I know we are projected to have snow tomorrow and then next week as well (I don't think it will be enough for snow pants yet though). Good luck moving in and Happy Birthday a little early :)

Unknown said...

Life changing events are never easy. Especially the ones that involve moving from sun to SNOW!! You must be crazy, haha.
Good luck on your new job and congratulations on making difficult decisions!
Family is what matters most!!
Keep in touch, you will be missed here at "the software company" :)