Saturday, January 27, 2007

I've run out of time

There just is not enough time in the day. If you have not already heard it through the grapevine, I was promoted a few weeks ago. It has been a long time in coming, but it is finally here.

Since that time, I have traveled to Tallahassee two times...next week will be the third. H and I have been like ships passing in the night, because she's been working quite a bit herself.

It's one of those things where I don't feel like I'm really giving anyone the time they need. I was sitting staring at H yesterday at dinner. I didn't really realize that I was doing that, but when she looked at me, she asked, "What". "I just miss you!", I said. The other night when she was at work I was on the computer doing work stuff and L comes up to me and says, "Daddy...I miss you when you in Tallahassee. You not going to Tallahassee tomorrow". "No Buddy, but next week I will". "Oh...Well I miss you next week when you in Tallahassee".

Here he is now..."Daddy...can I help you" He's helping me write this blog, by sitting over my shoulder.

Same thing at work...I don't feel like my staff is getting much...if any of my time. If I'm not in Tallahassee, then I'm in my office with the door shut on a call or in a meeting, or trying to set up interviews, or I'm breezing through the department off to another meeting.

And lastly, I haven't exercised in a week. I know...but I do it virtually everyday. So, what happened yesterday? Migraine. The worst one in the last two years...and the first one in six months. I still have affects from it today.

The bottom line of it is this. Every once in a while, I forget what it means to take time for myself and enjoy my time with the kids, with the staff, with my blogger, with my exercising and with the wife. Then my body in the way it likes to do, says....STOP!!

Today will be spent recuperating from yesterday. Building block towers with L. Playing catch and dodge ball with M. And spending some good quality H time...perhaps doing adult things, but you never know. :)

H liked that...you never know....she repeats. She says adult things like doing a cross word puzzle? We might become crossed, but it won't be on words. That one got me hit.

So...with that...I bid you a farewell until I return again.

1 comment:

LoryKC said...

But I'm sure the "hit" was a "love pat!"

I get into these patterns myself and I don't even work outside the house! I just say yes to many school things, church things and kids' activities. I have to remember to slow down when everyone gets a half-assed contribution.
(Though my kids don't miss me--they just ask when I'm going somewhere!) ;)