Sunday, January 7, 2007

Ten Years Later

My wife H and I recently celebrated our ten year anniversary. At the end of this month, we will have actually been "in a relationship" for fourteen years. My mother would tell you the story that I came home from that date in my senior year of high school and told her that was going to be the girl I was going to marry.

While I don't quite remember it that way, I do know that from that first date and until now there is no one I rather spend my time with each day. There is not a person I feel more comfortable being around and there is no one else that totally gets and understands all of my quirks...and trust me...there are many of them.

I know that of the two of us, I was the much luckier one. I couldn't have asked for a better mother of our children or a better person to have lived the rest of my life with. Thank goodness for miracles!!

3 comments:

LoryKC said...

I'll admit at the outset that I am biased--but you are the lucky one!

Having said that, I love you and you are a great father, husband and BIL!

Just don't forget that you are the lucky one! ;)

Global Greenscape said...

Don't I know it!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet :) Congratulations on 10 years!